CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Grandma--what an influence!!

My mother has always been a fun person and hated to have turmoil in our family. Well, as a grandmother it's even worse. She thinks my children should get what ever they want when at her house. This is always a joy when the kids come home. It takes several hours, if not days, to recover from a day at Grandma Belshaw's. Here is one example of something Hannah learned from Grandma.

Let me set the stage for you-- Hannah and Halee had just ran down the stairs after nap time.
I could tell that Hannah had not been asleep; she didn't have the just up from a nap look.

Me: Hannah did you take a nap!

Hannah: Yeah.

Me: Hannah did you go to sleep?

Hannah: Yeah.

Me: Hannah you're not going to get in trouble for not going to sleep, I just don't want you to lie to me. DID YOU GO TO SLEEP?

Hannah: Mom, does it really matter?

Thanks so much Grandma for this phrase. My mom always says when I'm trying to get the kids to do something at her house--does it really matter if they... This is not something I want my 5 year old saying to me. Of course it matters or I wouldn't have brought it up. Yes, it matters...I don't want Hannah tell lies. I love my mother to death, but I think she takes this Grandma role a little too lightly. Her grandchildren look to her as a role model. She has really straightened up her at, but still it’s so hard.

0 comments: